Sat, Apr 22|
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
DAY 1 | 08.12.23: SWIM 6km, BIKE 104km DAY 2 | 09.12.23: BIKE 240km DAY 3 | 10.12.23: RUN 50km
Timings & Location
Apr 22, 6:00 AM GMT+4
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
About Team AngelWolf Song
ABOUT THE CHALLENGE:
Nick will be participating as usual with Rio, the whole distance (Solo).
Nick and Rio would be delighted for others in the community to join them in the challenge, to make it truly inclusive!
There is a limit to 50 SPACES available for this challenge to join us on the day.
There are 2 ways that you can participate:
- SOLO - 20 Athletes
- TEAM - 10 Teams
SOLO will be just one athlete completing the whole challenge.
- DAY 1 - SWIMS 6km, CYCLES 104km
- DAY 2 - CYCLES 240km
- DAY 3 - RUNS 50km
TEAM will be Teams of 3.
This is how the dynamics of the team must work:
- Athlete Number 1: DAY 1 - SWIMS 6km.
- Athlete Number 2: DAY 1 - CYCLES 104km + DAY 2 - CYCLES 240kms.
- Athlete Number 3: DAY 3 - RUNS 50kms.
Each athlete (SOLO or TEAM) will require a support team.
If you are interested in being part of a team as an athlete and struggling to find others to join you or want to volunteer to be part of a support team, then please do whatsapp us on: +971 58 5599881.
We will soon be also announcing how you can participate in the challenge virtually with shorter distances - open to all ages and abilities - Inclusive Impactivity!
This is a community activity - created by community for community - the spirit of community is important and is needed and we want to keep it alive, especially with this challenge.
By participating in the challenge it helps spread the message of Inclusive Impactivity further - be part of the journey in creating a more inclusive community!
STEPS FOR ATHLETE REGISTRATION:
By signing up and confirming a place to #400UltraWithRio you therefore agree with the #400UltraWithRioAthlete Athlete Agreement, Liability Waiver & General Guidelines & Rules, this includes:
- AGREE with #400UltraWithRio | General Rules | Guidelines
- AGREE with #400UltraWithRio | General Rules | Community
- AGREE with #400UltraWithRio | General Rules | Swimming | Cycling | Running Rules
- AGREE with #400UltraWithRio | General Rules | Support Team Rules
- AGREE with #400UltraWithRio | General Rules | MOST IMPORTANT
- AGREE with #400UltraWithRio | Athlete Agreement & Liability Waiver
- BOOK #400UltraWithRio Ticket
#400UltraWithRio | GENERAL GUIDELINES:
- SAFETY is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. Make sure that you and all athletes act responsibly and with accountability.
- Athletes must be responsible for their own safety, the safety of their own equipment and be considerate of the safety of others.
- Participation in the challenge is at the athletes own risk.
- If an athlete withdraws from the challenge, please notify the operation team for safety reasons.
- Team Angel Wolf bears no form of liability in connection with the Athlete's participation in the challenge.
- It is the responsibility of the Athlete to ensure that they are in good health and are physically and mentally able to participate in the challenge All athletes are strongly encouraged to obtain a report as issued by a qualified medical professional prior to the challenge confirming their ability to participate in the challenge
#400UltraWithRio | GENERAL RULES:
- Practice good sportsmanship, equality, equity and fair play at all times.
- Don’t endanger anyone, including yourself.
- Follow the prescribed course.
- Keep it clean, please don’t litter.
- Treat other athletes, #400UltraWithRio organizers, volunteers, and spectators with respect and courtesy.
- You must at all times run and cycle in a clockwise direction on the Al Qudra track. Please also note that the Al Qudra track will be open to public use during the challenge and as such, you must remain vigilant and aware of other non #400UltraWithRio participants, in addition to wildlife in the area.
- Please remember that this is a self sufficient, free, challenge, you are responsible for you and your support team; providing your own water, fuel, adequate insurance, equipment, support team, basic medical, etc.
- You are responsible for you and your support team following all latest COVID safety protocols.
#400UltraWithRio | GENERAL RULES | COMMUNITY:
- Please remember this is a community challenge - created by community for community - therefore we act like a community. For example:
- There is no entrance fee to participate in the challenge but the challenge will obviously need lots of support to organise and will have some basic costs to go forward (e.g ambulance support, photo/videographer (to document the journey for all), after party celebrations, etc); therefore participants will be expected to assist in different ways to make the free challenge feasible; maybe by sourcing volunteers to help on the day or contribute to some of the basic costs or assist in the pre organising or help find sponsors to cover costs/goods needed or maybe providing food/drinks for all to share at the end of each day.
- As a community we support each other, so it would be expected that participants when finishing their challenge ‘each day’, wait for the last athlete to cross their finish line, to show support, motivation and encouragement, so no one feels alone/segregated/abandoned … THIS IS A KEY, VITAL PART OF THE CHALLENGE, to participate you must agree to this!
- We aim to create a social celebration on the Sunday 10th December evening, for all those that participated, assisted, friends and family.
#400UltraWithRio | GENERAL RULES | SWIMMING:
- All swimmers must be visible with a swim float.
- Your support team are responsible for spotting you for safety and must be waiting for you on shore, too help refuel you on each loop lap.
#400UltraWithRio | GENERAL RULES | CYCLING:
- On Day 1, you must start cycling at Al Qudra track 1hour after completion of swim at Dubai Off Shore Sailing Club (DOSC)
- Helmets must be worn.
- Lights are a must during dark hours.
- Drafting is not allowed at any time (the draft zone is 12 metres from front wheel to front wheel or 6 bike lengths).
- Wearing headphones is not allowed at any time.
- It is compulsory to have your support team waiting for you at Zads Al Qudra, (at the 50kms loop mark).
- You can have a support cyclist shadow you on the track for aid and support if you wish (and carrying a mobile to contact your support team). You must not draft off your support team cyclist.
- If cycling alone you must carry a mobile to contact your support team.
#400UltraWithRio | GENERAL RULES | RUNNING:
- Runners must run on the designated path for the entire route.
- Wearing headphones is not allowed at any time.
- Please be mindful of cyclist on the track.
- It is compulsory to have a support cyclist shadowing you at all times for aid, support and carrying a mobile to contact your support team, at all times.
- It is compulsory to have your support team waiting for you at Zads Al Qudra; they can send your extra support cyclists out on the track with your refuel of food and water.
#400UltraWithRio | GENERAL RULES | SUPPORT TEAM:
- Due to the length and nature of this challenge it is mandatory that every athlete has at least ONE person assisting them (giving food / support) through-out each day.
- No one will be allowed to participate without having his/her support team.
- Each athlete is responsible for securing, organizing, and training his/her support team. The team member who is designated Team Captain will act as the official spokesperson for the athlete and team and will be required to attend all pre-challenge briefing sessions (other members are encouraged to attend as well) and be the person required to notify the operation team of any withdrawal of the athlete and attending to any medical issues.
- Your support team are responsible for tracking/spotting you and checking on your safety.
#400UltraWithRio | GENERAL RULES | MOST IMPORTANT:
- A ‘Thank You’ to everyone involved in organizing and volunteering will go a long way in showing them how much we appreciate their generous contribution to the challenge
- Be a community - Include everyone. Be kind to everyone. Support and motivate everyone. Wait at the finish line of each day for the last person to cross the line - we are in this together as community!
- Last but not least, make sure that you and everyone have a positive, fun 3 days; have a great experience and don’t forget to celebrate, we will help you with that!
#400UltraWithRio | ATHLETE AGREEMENT & LIABILITY WAIVER:
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE ATHLETE ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES (GENERAL GUIDELINES & RULES) & DISCLAIMER AND THAT I HAVE EXECUTED THIS WAIVER VOLUNTARILY AND THAT THIS WAIVER IS TO BE BINDING UPON MYSELF, PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, HEIRS AND ASSIGNS.
- 1.1. Team Angel Wolf (referred to in this Waiver as TAW) shall not be responsible for any injury, loss or damage of any kind sustained by any person, whether member of staff, student or third party, be it a minor or an adult (referred to in this Waiver as the Athlete) whilst participating in any and all events, activities and/or travel, whether dangerous, hazardous or not, organised or arranged by individuals, entities and/or groups who wish to participate or volunteer in any of TAW’s activities (referred to in this Waiver as the Activities).
- 1.2. The undersigned is the Athlete, or the legal guardian of the Participant with full and complete authority to sign this Waiver for the Participant.
- 1.3. The undersigned agrees to accept all responsibility for any and all injuries that the Athlete may sustain whilst volunteering or participating in the Activities, no matter what the circumstances of the accident and/or injury are, and to the extent permitted by law. The undersigned further agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and keep indemnified TAW from and against all actions, claims, charges, losses, liabilities, costs, expenses (including legal fees) and damages, however caused, which may be brought, made, claimed or incurred against TAW by members of staff, students or third parties, arising from or in connection to any injury or loss, and which is related to or caused by the volunteering or participation of the Athlete.
- 1.4. The undersigned warrants that the Athlete does not suffer from any medical condition and/or incapacity which may impair the Athlete's ability to participate in the Activities or which may result in potentially placing the Athlete in a position of risk, by undertaking the Activities. The undersigned warrants that he/she has been made aware of all risks associated with the participation of the Athlete in the Activities, and has agreed to waive all liability arising out of the Athlete's participation in the Activities, which may fall on TAW, to the extent permitted under applicable laws.
- 1.5. By signing this Liability Waiver, in consideration of allowing the Athlete to participate in the Activities, the undersigned hereby consents to any recording/photography and all media which takes place during or in connection with the Activities in which the Athlete may or may not feature, and of its use and reuse by TAW as it sees fit and in its sole discretion, and any of their respective licensees, assignees, parents, subsidiaries, or aﬃliated entities and each of their respective employees, agents, oﬃcers and directors (referred to in this Waiver as the Affiliates). The undersigned hereby releases TAW and its Affiliates from any and all liability arising out of any recording/photography as herein described. The undersigned hereby agrees not to make any claim against TAW and its Affiliates as a result of the recording/photography or its use (including, without limitation, any claim that such use invades any right of privacy and/or publicity). The undersigned further agrees to indemnify, hold harmless and keep indemnified TAW from and against all actions, claims, charges, losses, liabilities, costs, expenses (including legal fees) and damages, however caused, which may be brought, made, claimed or incurred against TAW by the undersigned, arising from or in connection with any the recording/photography and its use, and which is related to
- 1.6. This disclaimer will be binding on the Athlete's personal representatives, successors, executors, administrators, heirs and assigns.
- 1.7. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a Athlete who is a minor under the age of 21, then by signing this Liability Waiver you are consenting to the terms of this Liability Waiver in your personal capacity and in your capacity as a legally authorised guardian and representative of the minor, and you are agreeing to the Athlete's participation in the Activities.
- 1.8. In consideration of the Athlete's participation in the Activities as outlined above, you hereby agree as follows:
- 1.9. TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that you have or may have in the future against TAW, its servants and/or agents as a result of the participation of the Participant in the Activities;
- 1.10. TO RELEASE TAW from any and all liability from any loss, damage, injury or expense that the Athlete may suffer or that his or her next of kin may suffer as a result of the participation of the Athlete in the Activities, due to any cause;
- 1.11. TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY TAW from any and all liability for any damage to the property of, or personal injury to, any member of staff, student or third party, resulting from the participation of the Athlete in the Activities;
- 1.12. TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY TAW in connection with any incidents or accidents involving any motor vehicle, motorcycle, vessel, carriage or any other conveyance which may be used during the Activities. You further agree that TAW shall not assume any liability for any injury, loss, accident or delay which may be occasioned by reason of any defect in any mode of transportation or through the act, error, neglect, negligence or default of any company or person engaged in conveying the Participant to, from or during any of the Activities; and
- 1.13. TO FOLLOW any laws, regulations, guidance, health instructions and policies applicable in the United Arab Emirates in the course of the participation of the Athlete in the Activities and to further follow all the instructions given by those responsible for or in charge of the Activities while the Athlete is participating in the Activities. You understand and accept that those rules and instructions are in place to minimise risk during the Activities.
- 2.1. I hereby acknowledge and assume all of the risks of participating in TAW activities. I acknowledge running, bicycling, swimming and/or other portions of TAW activities are inherently dangerous and are an extreme test of my physical and mental limits that carries with them the potential for serious bodily injury, permanent disability and death, as well as property damage. I acknowledge and agree that it is my responsibility to determine whether I am sufficiently fit and healthy enough to safely participate in TAW activities. I certify that I have not been advised against participation in TAW activities by any healthcare provider. I have no physical or medical condition that would endanger myself or others if I participate in TAW activities, or would interfere with my ability to safely participate in that events.
- 2.2. I accept responsibility for the condition and adequacy of my competition equipment and my conduct in TAW events.
- 2.3. I am sufficiently insured. I am holding a third party insurance that covers all damages that I may impose on any other persons or/and objects during my participation of a competition. I declare that I have health insurance that is also valid in the country of the respective racing location.
3. DATA PRIVACY
- 3.1. Your personal information will be confidentially held by TAW until such time as you instruct them to dispose of this information. You can make this request at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal information will subsequently be confidentially destroyed.
- 3.2. I hereby grant TAW the right, permission and authority to use my name, image, voice, and/or likeness, without compensation, captured during TAW events or related events, its affiliated entities or contractors, and/or the media in any photographs, videotapes, CDs, DVDs, broadcast, telecast, podcast, webcast, recordings, motion pictures, commercial advertisement, promotion materials, and/or any other record of this event for any purpose whatsoever.
- 3.3. I agree that the TAW contact me by post or e-mail.
- 3.4. I commit myself to inform TAW immediately by e-mail in case of changes in my personal data. Should I not be reachable via email by the TAW responsible persons - for whatever reason - I am aware that any disadvantages that may result from this will be fully at my expense.
4. EXCEPTION TO DISCLAIMER
- 4.1. This Liability Waiver does not attempt or purport to exclude liability arising under law if, and to the extent that, such liability cannot be lawfully excluded.
5. GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION
- 5.1. Each Party irrevocably agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Dubai (excluding the courts of the Dubai International Financial Centre) over any claim or matter arising under or in connection with this Liability Waiver or the legal relationships established by this Liability Waiver.
- 5.2. This Liability Waiver and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by, construed, interpreted and applied in accordance with the laws in force in the Emirate of Dubai, Courts of the Dubai International Financial Centre, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- 5.3. I have read and understand the TAW rules in its entirety and will fully respect them. I am aware that by not respecting the TAW rules in its entirety the event organizer or any representative of the TAW can pull me out of the race at any time.
- 5.4. I declare that I am not competing under the influence of any illegal or banned substances and that I accept the TAW anti-doping regulations in its entirety and the WADA anti-doping regulations in its entirety. I declare that there are no illegal technologies on my bike, such as drive engines.
#400UltraWithRio | SWIM 6kmDubai Off Shore Sailing Club
#400UltraWithRio | BIKE 104kmAl Qudra Cycling Track
#400UWR Individual Entry
Limited to 20 SpacesAED 0.00
#400UWR Team Entry
Each Team consists of: 1 Swimmer (Day 1, 6km SWIM) 1 Cyclist (Day 1, 104km BIKE & Day 2, 240km BIKE) 1 Runner (Day 3, 50km RUN)AED 0.00